4/1/10

The Same Room Experiment

Since Sammy had decided to start waking up every hour for fun I decided it was time to start the kids sleeping in the same room earlier than I had planned. She had been sleeping in our room in a co-sleeper, but it seemed being so close to me made her want to wake up and play/eat every hour or so. Which of course left me feeling like death all day every day.

So, two days ago we set up crib #2, and last night I put her to sleep in Harmon's room. It went like this:

7:30 feed Sammy and put her down in her crib, turn on sound machine
8:00 read books with Harmon in our room, bring him into his room to sing and sleep
1:30 Sammy wakes up, feed her for 15 min
3:30 Sammy wakes up, feed her for 15 min (panic that this is going to be the pattern for the rest of the night)
6:30 Harmon wakes up, turn off sound machine
6:31 Sammy wakes up

Although this was only night #1, it went WAY better than expected. I slept 3 1/2 hours in a row and got 8 hours total. It was amazing. I can only pray that it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment