5/21/10

The Bedtime Blessing

It seems I am neglecting this blog. Blame it on the children.

Lately said children have given me a most wonderful gift at bedtime. They have been going to sleep in the same room at the same time from wide awake to fast asleep. Without me being in the room. I don't know how this magically happened, but it did. Sammy often goes to sleep an hour or so before Harmon, but will often get woken up in the process of putting Harmon to sleep. A week or two ago was the first time that when I put him down and she was awake and I just left (to both of them complaining) instead of taking her out with me to put her down in the other room. As soon as I shut the door (assuming I would be coming back to actual crying in a minute) the complaining stopped. And there was no more noise until several hours later when Sammy needed a snack.

I still don't want to jinx it, but I will say I am VERY happy with the current situation and hope it continues. My landlord just woke my baby up. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment